EPISODE 116: SHOW NOTES
If the idea of cold pitching to get clients makes you shake your head no, then you’ve already got a lot in common with Maria Lees!
Maria is a small business content writer and marketing specialist helping businesses grow and scale with thoughtful strategy, impactful copy and engaging content.
Formerly a middle school writing teacher, Maria’s passion for writing and the power of words has fueled her career decisions since, well, forever! When she decided to launch her business in January 2019, it only made sense to make writing her focus once again.
Maria didn’t think she would ever use the strategy of cold pitching, until she had a problem and needed a solution. In this episode, Maria shares her work at home mom success story and why she opted for cold pitching after all.
We cover her experience, strategy, and tips for successful cold pitching. Plus, the mentality she adopted for building a successful freelance business. Maria’s story is not one to miss – thanks for listening!
If you want to see more success stories from the Overwhelmed to Overbooked Success Stories HERE!
In this episode, we cover:
- Maria’s experience, strategy, and tips for successful cold pitching,
- The mentality she adopted for building a successful freelance business,
- Her follow up system and when she normally hears back from people, and
- How she got over a money mindset block from her childhood
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Maria on Facebook or through her website!
- Find the tool that Maria recommends here!
- Check out my free workshop on how I ditched my soul-sucking 9-5 to work on my own terms as a freelancer and how you can too!
**This post about a wahm success story may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**