EPISODE 163: SHOW NOTES
It’s too often that I hear from you that your employer isn’t being fair because of your pregnancy, your need to breastfeed, or pick your kids up from daycare when they’re sick! For that reason we brought attorney Emily Kearney on the show to discuss the laws that protect us while pregnant and postpartum and what to do if you run into any problems in the workplace.
Emily is a business law attorney and she covers both federal laws and those in the state the she practices (California) plus what you can expect from your state when it comes to your rights.
Thanks for listening today! If you have further questions, head over to Emily’s website! Also, come connect with other moms starting a freelance business so they can live and mother on their own terms over in the Live Free Podcast Mastermind fb group! Talk to you there.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FREELANCING & HOW TO GET STARTED DOWNLOAD MY...
Freelance Crash Course
You CAN start a successful freelance business using your current skillset! Even if…
You are a young mom, mom of older kiddos, somewhere in between, or even NOT a mom...
You have no experience, lots of experience, or somewhere in the middle...
This is the FIRST time you’ve ever even heard of freelancing
In this episode, we cover:
- The laws that protect us while pregnant and postpartum
- What federal protection we have to breastfeed,
- How we can utilize our workplace benefits to care for our children when their sick, and
- What to do if you run into any problems in the workplace
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Find Emily here or on Instagram!
- Watch my workshop on what a freelancer is and how I quit my 9-5! Grab a seat HERE
- Don’t miss the last episode where I solve the problem of, “I’m not getting any responses when pitching myself to potential clients”
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE. Thank you!
**This post about laws that protect may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**