EPISODE 266 Show Notes
On today’s episode, we’re welcoming back Amber Kindler to check in and see how her freelance business has evolved and changed over the years! Amber was first on the show over 2 years ago when she transitioned from teaching to freelancing. That episode covers she landed her clients and quadrupled her income. Today, she shares how her freelance business is totally built around her family.
Amber is a Director of Marketing and Copywriter, and she works from home with her toddler and baby. She has truly found her freelancing sweet spot. She has increased her prices for her premium services and has scaled her workload back. She let go of a few clients that weren’t in alignment with the growth of her business. She now works with 3 clients and each one of them are a perfect fit.
One thing Amber shares that I think is super helpful is she does not have a website! People are always asking me if they need a website or a social media presence before they can land clients. The answer is NO! Amber is making 6 to 7K a month without a website and without doing any marketing on social media. Maybe she’ll add those pieces into her business later, but right now she’s prioritizing her family first and serving her clients.
In this episode, we cover:
- How Amber’s business allows her to be more present with her kids
- Navigating business with a baby and a toddler
- Increasing your rates and letting go of clients that aren’t a good fit anymore
- Taking a step back and prioritizing your family
You’ll love this episode if:
- You’re looking for a way to spend more time with your kids while they’re little
- You’re wondering if freelancing can be a long-term career
- Fears of insurance coverage or retirement savings are holding you back from getting started
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Amber on her Instagram!
- Listen to Amber’s first episode on the podcast here to hear the beginning of her freelancing journey.
- There is a new 12 month payment plan option on the Live Free Academy. You can get started today for just $147! Check it out at go.micalaquinn.com
- Head over to www.micalaquinn.com/shop to check out the new template shop!
- Check out my free crash course on freelancing here!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Check out the new resources added to the website to help you kickstart your freelance journey! Check those out at: www.micalaquinn.com/resources
- Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
- New to the idea of freelancing? Learn more HERE.
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE! Thank you!
- Enroll in the Live Free Academy HERE!
Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
**This post about a Virtual Assistant may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**