EPISODE 265 Show Notes
Hey there! Today we’ve got Chelsea Mellinger back on the podcast, updating us on her business and what it’s been like working from home with her five kids. When Chelsea joined LFA, she started her freelancing business as a general VA. Now, Chelsea is a Business Systems & Customer Relations Specialist. She helps business owners set up and maintain the backend systems of their businesses.
Chelsea has been in the space for years now and shares about the different seasons of her business. She’s had seasons of growth and she’s had seasons of simply maintaining and working with her clients. Since starting her business, Chelsea has added 2 babies to her family so there’s definitely been times she’s had to pull back. Chelsea reminds us that it’s okay to focus on your client work when you’re financially where you need and want to be. You can pull back from networking or marketing and just enjoy the season you’re in!
Chelsea built her business to work from home with her kids and she’s built a business that supports her family and allows her to stay present with her kids. Chelsea tells us about what her days look like, she shares advice on how to manage your business from home with your kids around, and she shares some helpful tips on how to set and keep boundaries for yourself.
Thanks for listening and be sure to let Chelsea and me know what you thought @chelsea_mellinger and @micala.quinn!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Chelsea’s business has grown and changed over the years
- What a CRM is and how business owners use them
- Managing work from home life with five kids
You’ll love this episode if:
- You want a flexible schedule that allows you to be more present with your kids
- You need help managing your time and setting boundaries
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Chelsea on her Instagram!
- With summer coming to an end, Chelsea is ready to take on some more clients for CRM set ups and management. Check out her website here.
- Listen to Chelsea’s first episode on the podcast here to hear the beginning of her freelancing journey. Episode 79, wow!
- There is a new 12 month payment plan option on the Live Free Academy. You can get started today for just $147! Check it out at go.micalaquinn.com
- Head over to www.micalaquinn.com/shop to check out the new template shop!
- Check out my free crash course on freelancing here!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Check out the new resources added to the website to help you kickstart your freelance journey! Check those out at: www.micalaquinn.com/resources
- Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
- New to the idea of freelancing? Learn more HERE.
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE! Thank you!
- Enroll in the Live Free Academy HERE!
Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
**This post about a Virtual Assistant may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**