EPISODE 258 SHOW NOTES
Hey there! On today’s episode, I am chatting with Crystal Silvas about her journey from a General VA to a Tech VA to a Website Developer and Funnel Builder. Wow! Crystal has a powerful story about how she built her business at home with a baby all while overcoming her own struggles with ADHD and chronic depression. Crystal is a successful business owner, loving mother, and a champion for neurodivergent entrepreneurs.
Crystal is an LFA alum, and she began her freelancing journey in 2019 as a general VA… and landed her first client within 2 weeks of starting the course! Crystal’s love for problem solving and puzzles moved her to quickly transition to a tech VA role. Now, Crystal maintains 3 tech retainer clients, and she also supplements her income by developing websites and funnels for business owners in WordPress and FG Funnels.
Crystal chats with us about how her hourly rate skyrocketed from $25/hour to $35/hour to $65/hour to now 4 years later, $120/hour! Crystal’s self awareness is inspiring; she is selective and intentionally thinks about the tasks she likes doing, the people she likes working with, and the programs she likes working in. Freelancing truly comes with that power, flexibility, and freedom.
This is an episode you won’t want to miss. Thanks for spending time with us today! Let Crystal and I know what you thought about this episode over on Instagram @Micala.Quinn and @crystalsilvasdigital. Chat with you there!
There is now a 12 month payment plan option! You can get started in the Live Free Academy today for just $147! Head over to go.micalaquinn.com to get all of the details and to get started!
In this episode, we cover:
- Crystal’s journey from a General VA to a Tech VA to a Website Developer and Funnel Builder
- How Crystal combines her love for tech and design and her favorite tech programs she uses in her business
- Managing ADHD and chronic depression while building a business
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Crystal on Instagram or Facebook. You can also learn more about her and her services on her websites (linked here and here). And, don’t forget to check out Crystal’s freebie – What the Tech?! Workbook
- There is a new 12 month payment plan option on the Live Free Academy. You can get started today for just $147! Check it out at go.micalaquinn.com
- Head over to www.micalaquinn.com/shop to check out the new template shop!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Check out the new resources added to the website to help you kickstart your freelance journey! Check those out at: www.micalaquinn.com/resources
Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
New to the idea of freelancing? Learn more HERE.
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE! Thank you!
- Enroll in the Live Free Academy HERE!
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
This post about about a WAHM Success Story journey to freelancing may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**