EPISODE 184: SHOW NOTES
I’m celebrating 4 years in business as a course creator who helps moms start profitable freelance businesses from home! To celebrate this anniversary, I’m sharing 4 lessons I’ve learned from my last 4 years in business.
Whether you’re still deciding if freelancing is right for you or you’ve been one of my students for years, the 4 lessons I’m sharing in this episode will hopefully help you move forward!
Thank you for listening today. Let me know what you think about this service over on Instagram @Micala.Quinn! Talk to you there!
Keep scrolling for the links and resources mentioned in this episode!
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FREELANCING & HOW TO GET STARTED DOWNLOAD MY...
Freelance Crash Course
You CAN start a successful freelance business using your current skillset! Even if…
You are a young mom, mom of older kiddos, somewhere in between, or even NOT a mom...
You have no experience, lots of experience, or somewhere in the middle...
This is the FIRST time you’ve ever even heard of freelancing
In this episode, we cover:
- The 4 lessons I’ve learned in the last 4 years of helping moms start profitable freelance businesses,
- How I got over perfection when first launching this business,
- The hard lesson I learned early on about ideal clients,
- How I learned how to handle getting a “no”, and
- Why a single moment never makes or breaks your business’ success
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Today ONLY (September 6, 2021) Overwhelmed to Overbooked is $100 off! Get the discount HERE!
- Grab your seat at my LIVE workshop on September 15 at 8pm CST HERE
- If you’re still on the fence about joining OTO or you aren’t sure if freelancing is right for you, this workshop will help you decide!
- Show up live to be entered into winning OTO!
- Don’t miss the chance to join the Fall Bootcamp (join OTO before September 17!)
- Don’t miss our last episode on how to become a freelance writer (episode 183!)
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE. Thank you!
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
**This post on 4 lessons may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**