EPISODE 276 SHOW NOTES
Happy Monday! After a short break, it’s good to be back with a brand new episode! In today’s episode, I chat with Amanda Beasley about her transition from corporate to freelancing. Amanda is an LFA alum with 16 years of experience in the corporate world. After graduating from college, Amanda worked for a Healthcare Information Technology Company and gained experience doing a wide variety of tasks including, consulting, software testing, project management, routine management, and ultimately serving as a Director of Operations.
Enrolling in Live Free Academy
However, in September 2022, Amanda was unexpectedly laid off. Her family depended on her income so fear definitely started creeping in. A friend introduced Amanda to freelancing and the Live Free Academy.
Before diving in, Amanda took some time for reflection. She outlined her non-negotiables – the need to work from home and the desire for flexibility. Amanda is also a bit of a unicorn in that she’s inherently organized and operationally focused yet also loves opportunities to be creative so she’d love a role that combines the two. Freelancing checked every box!
Successfully Moving From Corporate to Freelancing
Amanda is one year into her freelancing business now. She has SEVEN clients in total and loves working with every single of them. She feels valued and appreciated, and she loves getting to see her work make a real difference in her clients’ businesses. Amanda walks us through the various tasks she handles for each of her clients so you’ll be able to see a glimpse of some the things freelancers can do!
Dealing with Impostor Syndrome
Like many others, Amanda struggled with doubt and insecurity throughout her freelancing journey. She talks about the importance of “linking arms and partnering with someone else” and shares that a significant part of her success came from the supportive community and coaching calls within the course. Seeking guidance from friends who owned their businesses helped her build confidence!
Amanda has this episode packed full of helpful tidbits and words of encouragement. Thanks for listening, and let me know what you thought about this episode over on Instagram @Micala.Quinn. Chat with you there!
In this episode, we cover:
- How to deal with imposter syndrome, doubt, and insecurity… and just how common those feelings really are!
- The difference between interviews in the corporate setting and the online space
- An in-depth look at the various tasks Amanda does for her clients and how she landed her clients
You’ll love this episode if:
- You want to build a business around your life, your kids, your schedule, your passions… or whatever else your non-negotiables are!
- You’re feeling a tug to leave your corporate, 9-5 career and become your own boss
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- There is a new 12 month payment plan option on the Live Free Academy. You can get started today for just $147! Check it out at go.micalaquinn.com
- Head over to www.micalaquinn.com/shop to check out the new template shop!
- Check out my free crash course on freelancing here!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Check out the new resources added to the website to help you kickstart your freelance journey! Check those out at: www.micalaquinn.com/resources
Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
New to the idea of freelancing? Learn more HERE.
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE! Thank you!
- Enroll in the Live Free Academy HERE!
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
This post about about a WAHM Success Story journey to freelancing may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**