EPISODE 272 SHOW NOTES
On today’s episode, we are welcoming back Chelsea Hall. Chelsea was originally on the podcast back in November of 2021 when she started freelancing. She was a former first-grade teacher looking for a way to spend more time with her daughter. She zoomed through the course, landed a ton of clients as a Pinterest strategist, and doubled her teaching income in her first year of business.
Today, we’re catching up, and Chelsea’s business (and family!) have grown over the past three years. She’s added another little girl into family, and she’s also added another premium service to her offers. Pinterest management is still her “bread and butter,” but she’s taken on a couple OBM clients to add a little variety into her weekly tasks.
Chelsea shares what her work schedule looks like with a couple of toddlers running around, and she shares the route she used to find all of her clients (though, she’s in a really comfortable spot right now and not actively looking for clients.)
Chelsea also talks about the friends she’s made through the Live Free Academy and how their ongoing support has helped her conquer imposter syndrome. Chelsea’s business besties started a bookclub to stay in touch with each other. It’s been such a success that they’ve expanded it and turned it into a membership! They’ve experienced firsthand the benefits of building their businesses in a community and want to share that with others.
Thanks for listening! Let me know what you thought of today’s update with Chelsea on Instagram @micala.quinn!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Chelsea’s business (and family) have grown over the last 3 years
- The lifelong friendships Chelsea has made while in business
- What Chelsea’s work schedule looks like with a toddler and a baby
You’ll love this episode if:
- You’re interested in offering Pinterest Management or OBM services
- You’re worried freelancing isn’t sustainable
- You’re struggling with imposter syndrome
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Chelsea on her Instagram or her website!
- If you’re interested in setting up a Pinterest business account, Chelsea has a free guide here!
- Check out Chelsea’s first episode here!
- There is a new 12 month payment plan option on the Live Free Academy. You can get started today for just $147! Check it out at go.micalaquinn.com
- Listen to last week’s episode here.
- Check out the new resources added to the website to help you kickstart your freelance journey! Check those out at: www.micalaquinn.com/resources
- Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
- New to the idea of freelancing? Learn more HERE.
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE! Thank you!
- Enroll in the Live Free Academy HERE!
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
**This post about a Virtual Assistant may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**