EPISODE 268 SHOW NOTES
On today’s episode, we are welcoming back Stacy Hanson. Stacy was originally on the podcast back in December of 2021 when she started freelancing. You can listen to that episode here. Stacy was a SAHM turned Virtual Assistant, and since her first episode, she has pivoted into the Podcast Manager role.
Stacy works from home with her three kids. She started her freelancing business to have a little something for herself outside of her SAHM duties. Through every season, she loves being home with her kids, but she also gets a whole lot of joy out of working with her clients during that nap time hustle.
Stacy shares the ebbs and flows of her business over the years. When she first started freelancing, she lost some clients and had a slow season in her business. She used that as an opportunity to up-level her skills and pivot to be a Podcast Manger.
When she was pregnant with her last baby and was preparing for maternity leave, she had a slow season once again. She used that as an opportunity to take 3 months off to fully enjoy her maternity leave. After soaking in all the baby snuggles, she came back, ramped up her business, and focused on landing one client at a time.
This is a powerful episode of building and rebuilding your business to make it exactly what you need, when you need it.
Stacy shares how she decided to become a Podcast Manager, how she dealt with self doubt and imposture syndrome, and how she networks by building relationships.
In this episode, we cover:
- How Stacy decided to pivot into the Podcast Manager role
- How Stacy rebuilt her business after a long maternity leave with her last baby
- Landing clients through building relationships and networking
You’ll love this episode if:
- You’re a SAHM interested in building a business for yourself
- You’re struggling with imposture syndrome or self-doubt
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Stacy on her Instagram or her website!
- Check out Stacy’s first episode here!
- Our SIX YEAR anniversary sale is coming up! Get early access here.
- Need more information on freelancing before joining the program? Sign up here for my LIVE training happening on September 11th at noon CST.
- There is a new 12 month payment plan option on the Live Free Academy. You can get started today for just $147! Check it out at go.micalaquinn.com
- Listen to last week’s episode here.
- Check out the new resources added to the website to help you kickstart your freelance journey! Check those out at: www.micalaquinn.com/resources
- Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
- New to the idea of freelancing? Learn more HERE.
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE! Thank you!
- Enroll in the Live Free Academy HERE!
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
**This post about a Virtual Assistant may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**