EPISODE 263 Show Notes
Hey there! Today, I’m chatting with Megan Schoenleber… again! Megan joined me on the podcast a little over a year ago to talk about her transition to freelancing and now she’s back to give us an update on her business and how she prioritizes her work-life balance. Megan is an Online Business Manager who is passionate about helping online educators and service providers set boundaries, prevent burnout, simplify their daily operations, and create a manageable work-life balance.
She’s been working as a freelancer since 2020, scaled to an OBM in 2021, and never looked back! She now supports other freelancers by teaching them how to strategically manage their limited time!
Megan has truly tailored her business to be exactly what she needs in her current season of life – from the number of clients she takes on, to who she chooses to work with, and even the kind of tasks she takes on. In today’s episode, Megan shares how she made the difficult decision to transition from juggling three OBM clients to focusing solely on her dream client. Megan realized that she started freelancing to be home with her daughter so in this phase of her life, with a busy toddler at home, Megan’s main focus is prioritizing her work-life balance over making the most money possible. (Though, she is still matching her corporate income plus some with just one retainer OBM client!)
In this episode, we cover:
- What Megan’s workload and days look like as an Online Business Manager
- Prioritizing your work-life balance as a freelancer
- Some great tips on how to best present yourself in applications, pitch emails, and discovery calls
You’ll love this episode if:
- You’re interested in becoming an Online Business Manager
- You need help setting boundaries or creating a work-life balance
- You want to hear some practical ways to manage your time, juggle everything, and “get it all done”
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Megan on her website or on her Instagram!
- If you need help managing your time, check out Megan’s time management mentoring sessions for freelancers here!
- There is a new 12 month payment plan option on the Live Free Academy. You can get started today for just $147! Check it out at go.micalaquinn.com
- Head over to www.micalaquinn.com/shop to check out the new template shop!
- Check out my free crash course on freelancing here!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Check out the new resources added to the website to help you kickstart your freelance journey! Check those out at: www.micalaquinn.com/resources
- Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
- New to the idea of freelancing? Learn more HERE.
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE! Thank you!
- Enroll in the Live Free Academy HERE!
Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
**This post about a Virtual Assistant may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**