EPISODE 261 SHOW NOTES
Happy Monday! On today’s episode, we’re talking about how to stop fear from sabotaging your success. First and foremost, fear is totally normal. It’s your body’s natural response to protect you! Everyone typically has some level of fear around starting a business, taking the next step, or going through any sort of a change.
The problem with fear is that it has a tendency to hold you back from stepping out of your comfort zone. Fear, whether it’s manifested as self-doubt, limiting beliefs, or anxiety, can prevent you from embracing challenges or pursuing new opportunities.
Here are 7 signs that fear might be hindering your progress:
If you find yourself consistently delaying or avoiding tasks or opportunities due to feelings of fear or anxiety, it may indicate that fear is holding you back.
2. Lack of Decision Making
Being able to make decisions is crucial for propelling forward. Fear can paralyze you and make it challenging to make decisions. If you frequently find yourself stuck in indecision or constantly seeking reassurance from others, it could be a sign of fear holding you back.
3. Settling in your Comfort Zone
Fear often keeps us within our comfort zones, preventing us from taking risks or pursuing new opportunities. If you consistently choose to stay in familiar and safe situations, avoiding anything that feels challenging or uncertain, fear may be playing a role.
4. Self-Doubt and Negative Self-Talk
Fear can manifest as self-doubt and negative self-talk, leading you to underestimate your abilities and potential. If you frequently doubt yourself, criticize your abilities, or believe that you are not worthy or capable of success, fear may be at the root of these thoughts.
5. Avoidance of Failure
Fear of failure can be a significant obstacle. If you avoid trying new things or taking on challenges because you fear making mistakes or being judged, it may indicate that fear is holding you back.
6. Physical and Emotional Symptoms
Fear can manifest in various physical and emotional symptoms, such as increased heart rate, sweating, nervousness, anxiety, or a sense of unease. If you experience these symptoms when faced with new opportunities or challenges, fear may be limiting your progress.
7. Lack of Progress and Regret
If you look back on your life and feel a sense of regret or unfulfilled potential, it could be a sign that fear has prevented you from pursuing your dreams and aspirations.
If any of these fears resonated with you, try to dig a little deeper! It’s so important for you to take a step back and do some self-reflection. Is fear stopping you in your tracks? Are you stuck where you are but hoping for something else? The first step to move forward and take action despite having fears is to identify the specific fears that are holding you back.
There is now a 12 month payment plan option! You can get started in the Live Free Academy today for just $147! Head over to go.micalaquinn.com to get all of the details and to get started!
In this episode, we cover:
- 7 signs that fear might be hindering your progress or preventing you from pursuing new opportunities
- How to move forward and take action despite having fears
You’ll love this episode if:
- You want to work from home as a freelancer but you’re too scared to take the leap and get started
- You’re doubting yourself and wondering if freelancing could even work for you
- You’re scared of failing and being judged for it
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- If you need help conquering your fear, check out episode 225.
- Learn the sought-after social media management skills that business owners are hiring for right now here.
- Sign up here to be a part of our General Virtual Assistant Skills Camp. You’ll learn the in-demand virtual assistant tasks all business owners are hiring for right now.
- There is a new 12 month payment plan option on the Live Free Academy. You can get started today for just $147! Check it out at go.micalaquinn.com
- Head over to www.micalaquinn.com/shop to check out the new template shop!
- Check out my free crash course on freelancing here!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Check out the new resources added to the website to help you kickstart your freelance journey! Check those out at: www.micalaquinn.com/resources
- Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
- New to the idea of freelancing? Learn more HERE.
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE! Thank you!
- Enroll in the Live Free Academy HERE!
Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
This post about about a WAHM Success Story journey to freelancing may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**