EPISODE 260 SHOW NOTES
Hey there! Today, I am sharing how to land your first client if you can’t afford the LFA yet. This episode is short and sweet but packed full of information.
If you’re new around here, the Live Free Academy is your one-stop shop to build your freelance business, find clients, & start working with them in no time! The Live Free Academy includes everything you need to build your business from what service to offer, how to price, where to find clients, legal & tax information, contracts, how to get started working with them, skills training, and so much more!
The best part about the LFA though is that you don’t have to build your business alone. The LFA includes weekly group coaching calls where you can ask questions and get feedback that is personalized to your needs. Whether you need me to look over a pitch or talk through your ideal client and how much you should charge, I’m here for you! And, our private Facebook group is seriously the MOST supportive community!
With all that said, the LFA is not a prerequesite to freelancing. The LFA will definitely give you the confidence and clarity you need to build your business, but if it’s just not an option for you right now, then let me help you land your first client so you can enroll later!
If you’re ready to land a client and get paid, start having conversations with your community. Tell your family, friends, hairdresser, neighbors, etc. that you just started a business as a virtual assistant and you’re taking on clients.
Not sure what to say? Try this: Hey Debbie! I’m starting a business as a virtual assistant! You wouldn’t happen to know of anyone hiring or needing a VA right now, would you?
She’s either going to say yes or no. If she says yes, ask her to send an introduction email and get your pitch ready! If she says no, tell her to keep you in mind if she hears of anything. If she asks what a VA is, tell her!
I’ve talked to enough LFA girls to know that this might sound intimidating to some of you, but I’ve also seen firsthand how quickly this route turns into a paying first client. When you start talking to your circle about what you’re doing, you plant seeds, and you’ll be so surprised to see how those seeds grow. Keep having conversations and keep telling people until something sticks.
When a conversation leads to prospective client, you need to hop on a discovery call, send a proposal, a contract, and then an invoice… and get started working! There are resources and templates for this entire process inside LFA, but if that’s not in the cards or you need something less expensive to get you started, I have the freelance template shop as well.
Don’t let the “I can’t afford it” mentality keep you stuck. You can still move forward without LFA, it’s just going to take more grit, more trial and error, and maybe longer than if you had the shortcut laid out for you inside LFA. You can do this and when you’re ready to enroll in LFA, I’ll be here! Reach out to me on Instagram @micala.quinn if you need to talk it out a bit more!
There is now a 12 month payment plan option! You can get started in the Live Free Academy today for just $147! Head over to go.micalaquinn.com to get all of the details and to get started!
In this episode, we cover:
- The LFA, your one-stop shop to build your freelance business, find clients, & start working with them in no time
- How to land your first client if you can’t afford the LFA… yet
You’ll love this episode if:
- You want to join the LFA but you can’t afford it right now
- You’re ready to land a client and get paid, but you don’t know how
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- If fear is holding you back, check out Episode 225: The framework to help you conquer your fear of starting
- If you need some more inspiration, check out our student success stories! Check out the success stories on our podcast too! Reach out as well if you have any questions, and I’ll reply!
- If you need some guidance on how to talk to your spouse about freelancing, check out Episode 90:How to have a productive conversation about freelancing with your husband with Bridget Chambers
- Here’s an older episode where my husband and I talk about my transition to freelancing: Episode 51:How to get your husband on board with your freelance business
- Do you need more information on freelancing? Check out my free crash course on freelancing here!
- There is a new 12 month payment plan option on the Live Free Academy. You can get started today for just $147! Check it out at go.micalaquinn.com
- Head over to www.micalaquinn.com/shop to check out the new template shop!
- Check out last week’s episode here!
- Check out the new resources added to the website to help you kickstart your freelance journey! Check those out at: www.micalaquinn.com/resources
Connect with me on Instagram! @micala.quinn
New to the idea of freelancing? Learn more HERE.
- Loving the show? It would be so helpful if you could write a review HERE! Thank you!
- Enroll in the Live Free Academy HERE!
More about the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn:
How do I get started? What if I fail? Who will hire me? Is it really possible to create a consistent, full-time income from home?
Welcome to the Live Free Podcast with Micala Quinn where we will be answering these questions PLUS many more! Whether you’re just starting your freelance business (heck even if you don’t know what freelancing is yet) or you’re looking to scale, this podcast will give you tangible business advice along with inspiring interviews to help you create a life and career that works for YOU and YOUR family.
Your host, Micala Quinn, started out teaching high-school English, but when her first child was born, she immediately began searching for something more. She wanted a way to stay-at-home with her daughter (and future babies), but still needed to bring in a full-time income to help support her family. Micala started freelancing, quickly replaced her full-time income, and now helps other moms (like you) get started and grow their freelance business from scratch to 5K and beyond! She believes that being a working mom or a stay-at-home mom no longer needs to be a black and white decision. You CAN have both. On your terms!
Our motto is Mom Strong, Work Smart, and Live Free. Are you in? We’d love for you to join us each Monday, as well as in our Live Free Podcast Facebook community!
This post about about a WAHM Success Story journey to freelancing may contain affiliate links, which means if you click one of our affiliate links and decide to make a purchase, we receive a tiny commission from the seller at no additional cost to you. We only share products and services we have used, tested, and love ourselves!**